Wednesday 25 February 2009

Treasure Chest

I have just taken photos of Bens treasure chest finally to put on UKScrappers so I thought I would add them here to. This is a treasure chest that I made for Ben for Christmas. I am really pleased with how it turned out and Ben loves it (so much he takes it to bed with him!!)


How did I do it?

Step 1.

Ink up a clear stamp with a paint dabber. I used one of the Fancy Pants stamps and a blue dabber.



Step 2.

Once the dabber is completely dry using an ink blending tool and distress inks blend colour onto the box. I used 3 colours on the box and then I used a fourth darker brown to go round all the edges. The dabber will resist the ink so you will still see the image you stamped underneath.

Step 3.

Ink up a stamp with the dark brown distress pad (again I used a Fancy Pants one) and stamp directly to the bottom of the front of the box. Don't leave it on for too long as the ink will bleed a little into the wood.



Step 4.

Colour the grungeboard hinges and lock with the same dark brown distress pad. Add eyelets and fix in place.



Step 5.

Paint grungeboard skull and crossbones with a black dabber and glue film behind the eyes. Stick to side of box.

Step 6.

Varnish box with several coats to protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment