Thursday 23 September 2010

Make & Takes and my layouts

Val did a lovely Make & Take at Runways End. Everyone always admires her lovely cards so she showed us all how she does it. She had prepared a brilliant little pack for everyone with all the bits needed and everything pre-cut to size so it was just a case of assembling and voila! Apparently the secret is lots of layering.


I also did a make and take during the weekend teaching how to make cute accordion flowers. We incorporated ours into this card but they look great on layouts too (see Jackie's layout posted yesterday).
There was a layout class during the weekend. There were 4 examples to inspire us. This was my take on the class. Thanks to Caz for the chipboard Beaver and Hayley for the tissue paper ribbon stuff!
I was really pleased to win the stamping challenge (there was only one other entry so I had good odds!) The page turned out just how I wanted it to. I took inspiration from a paper in a stack. I used a paper with an edge as a template to make my photo mat, stamped around it with a border stamp set (like this one). Stamped different colours of Distress inks to match the photo at the bottom starting with the lightest colours first and working up to the darkest. The heart was acetate stamped with brown Stazon (left over from the class page) and then cut into a heart shape and layered over card to match the photo mat.
This was the page I took the inspiration from...
I did a simple a page of one of our holiday snaps!This was our windscreen after it went caravan in tow on the M25 on the way to the ferry and France!
A close up of the windscreen... would you believe Autoglass said we should still go on holiday with it like this!!
 My final page was a double page of Alex's 7th birthday. I had soooooo many photos of him blowing  out his candles because he had trouble doing it. In the end Dave blew them out which made Alex cry so we lit them again and he had another go!

No comments:

Post a Comment