Thursday 6 October 2011

Leaving Gift

At the end of last term the deputy head left my sons school. She had been there for 10 years so all the time I have been there. I was asked by one of the teachers if I could make her a book that the children could all leave a message in for her. So I got my thinking cap on and came up with a tag book to hold nearly 200 tags! Two of the other mums from school spent a morning with me secreted in one of the classrooms making the pages ready for the tags (thank you so much Clare and Jeanette). I then borrowed my mother in laws sewing machine and stitched all the pockets down for added strength. Added some stamping and the class names, made a cover and put it all together. Simples! I was really pleased with the rainbow effect to tie in with the theme of fair seas and following winds with each class having a different colour fibre to tie their tags. I was also really pleased with the stab binding and the ribbon closure which went all down the right hand side to make sure the tags didn't fall out. Unfortunately I can't show pictures of the inside because it contains pictures of the children but here are some images of the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment