Friday 7 October 2011

A Cheeky Card or two!

At the July card class I was a little concerned that some of the ladies might have taken offence at this first card, but thankfully they all took it in good humour. After the class I thought of a different greeting to go on the front.... I rearly love you! You can use the template to cut the bottom cheeks part of the card in patterned paper instead to make a bikini but I really couldn't think of a greeting for a bikini card! If you think of one let me know!
 For our special fold card we made a clutch purse card which looks really cute and is great for giving gift cards as you can make a little pocket inside like a real clutch purse! Not only did we make the card but we also made the flower from scratch! You can see a close up of the flower here. It is a little time consuming to make and takes a while to dry but it does look so good that I think it's worth it.

We made two cards following our sketch and this is definitely my favourite. We made the butterflies using alcohol inks and acetate and had a nifty little technique to enable the underneath wings to show. The butterfly antenna are made from flower stamen too.
 Here is our second card from the sketch. Nice and quick and easy.
This next card was to go with our occasions cards and is of course to celebrate the birth of a little boy. Change the colours for an easy baby girl card. Can you work out how we made the foot? It's not a stamp!
I hope you like the sneak peak of the cards. If you like any of these or any previous months cards you can purchase the instructions for individual cards for £2 each. Just let me know which one(s) you want and once payment is sorted I'll e-mail through the instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment