Monday 18 October 2010

Reuse, Recycle!

Zoe's bag containing al her crochet goodies caught my eye at the Isle of Wight crop. I was seriously impressed when I found out that she had not only made the bag herself but she had made it from a jumper that she had felted!
 Here is a close up of the flower!
All you have to do to make your own felted bag (or other goodies!) is find wool jumpers that are 100% wool. Why not pay a visit to your local charity shop or raid the Christmas jumper pile! Once you have found your jumper you need to boil wash it between 3 and 5 times!! Once you have felted your jumper you just follow these instructions to make your own bag... it really does look very straightforward! I'll add it to my to try list!! They would make great Christmas presents so who knows I might get my butt into gear this side of Noel!

http://sweetgrace.typepad.com/the_inadvertent_farmer/2010/03/make-alpaca-wool-sweater-into-felted-handmade-bag-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment